Royal Scot was built in 1927 for the London, Midland and Scottish Railway for their passenger service from London to Glasgow and was chosen by Britain to appear in Chicago at the 1933 'Century of Progress' exhibition. She was rebuilt in 1950 and served for another 12 years on the West Coast main line before retiring in 1962. After that, she was purchased by Billy Butlin and became a star at Skegness Butlins! In 2015 she returned to the Severn Valley Railway (Royal Scot Locomotive and General Trust) and began to, once again, carry passengers in February of this year. What a treat to see her coming full- steam through North Cumbria!