Saturday 4 November 2017

Percy Kelly Retrospective - Line of Beauty.

Rarely have I been so inspired and so engaged by an exhibition of artwork ...and for it to be in Carlisle at Tullie House Museum and Art gallery was such a treat. I can not recommend the exhibition more highly. Curated by Chris Wadsworth it gives just the right amount of 'interpretation' and the chronological layout, with artefacts, gives a real insight into Kelly's life. I loved the quote in a letter - 'you are not only a talent but a genius... and for that I will never forgive you '...paraphrased I'm afraid. Apologies for lacks of credits for photos - the use of line and tone is inspirational. I just love the fact that it was all places we know and love too - St Davids, Parton, Whitehaven, Zennor .....Congratulations to all involved!


No comments:

Post a Comment