Monday 4 October 2021

St Levan Church

 While walking from Porthcurno to Gwenapp Head we came across this archaeological dig ...



So on the return leg of our walk I did a slight detour into the church ....It's obviously really interesting and inevitaby I missed the key features as I hadn't done any research ...something to read up on when I get home. 

The modern day church...



The pew ends are very interesting showing various images - which I didn't photograph as I just went for the nice designy bits! ..and a bronze releif of St Levan with three bream. 

Lichen clad headstones that underneath the lichen detail many a sad maritime story.

More crosses - the central one is one of  the five celtic crosses at the entrances to the church while  the right hand one is in a nearby field. 

Seats on either side of the granite cattle grid with a stone coffin ...again to be upfdated when I have enough wifi to do the research. 


No comments:

Post a Comment