Tuesday 5 September 2023

Hesket Newmarket Show: Horticulure and Baking ...and the Friar Cup.

In order to gain the Friar Hall Cup for the most pints in the Industrial Tent you really have to enter all the categories and  then hope to pick up a few points. While my tomatoes were the best I have ever grown - so were everyone elses, so no points there....and I forgot to photograph my third prize quiche. 

A vase of annuals - I grew many sunflowers - they were just too big and I'd have needed a step ladder to reach them - so pleased that three small ones were placed. 

Pot plant - foliage. 

A display of nasturtiums. 

Six sweet peas - the first time I have had any decent blooms to enter.


All credit to Molly who got second with her Cornish pasty. 

Rum Butter - well that was a surprise! 

As was this! Plum Cordial. 

The embarrassing walk to receive the cup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment