Thursday 5 January 2023

Abstract Art

Over the past few years I have been wanting to make my work - more abstracted. I signed onto the Newlyn School of Art's Abstracting the Landscape Course (remotely) with Anita Reynolds. It was excellent and I think I may have actually finished an abstract piece rather than just samples on a journey. This piece is based on a favourite local walk ...

I'm going to try to explain the process through these photographs ...

The site ...

One of several field sketches...

The mono print.....

Collages ....


A single painted piece based on the collage - this was then cut up along the masking tape lines ..

Individual fragments of the above...

I then selected the areas that I found interesting and traced them, reversed onto mount card ....

Cut away and addded carborundum powder and printed as a collograph. Three different plates were made and the result is below...





No comments:

Post a Comment