Monday 21 June 2021

Columbine fused glass

Another glorious session with RD Glass ....I am wanting to focus on Cumbria Wildlife Trust's reserves for inspiration ...no problem with inspiration having visited Latterbarrow recently ...lots of columbine ! Cutting the glass in the shape of columbine is another matter, so it was a case of breaking it down into basic shapes, but if you use  the same colour glass for each constituent part it would just merge into a blob...so I have tried adding powder to define the shape! I can't wait to see how it turns out..fingers crossed! 



A smaller peice than I normally do - to se how things turn out....

I then wanted to do a pice that was more abstracted - a small bowl, just using the colours of Latterbarrow ...this time I focussed on the rockrose ...I glued the glass on so  that it can be turned over and then fired which theoretically should make a smoother join and finish. ...and that's what I like about working with Roxy ..an excellent tutor willing to share her expertise! 

Sky, grasses and rockrose...

If this works, I would like to develop a series of bowls, based on the flora of different reserves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment