Friday 26 July 2019

More fused glass work ... with RD Glass

Another lovely morning with Roxy of RD Glass....  This time I worked on refining the method for my mussel bowl.  The first one I made had air bubbles which was great as they reflected the watery subject matter, but one grew rather alarmingly and had to be drilled into inclase it 'popped'. This time I used kiln paper underneath; cut into mussel shapes to give relief; then a sheet of plain glass onto which I put the wires and powders; then another layer of plain glass and finally I added cut glass and frit. This was so much easier than last time as I could go back and modify underlying layers and it should have reduced the large bubble problem ...it'll be interesting to see what happens when it's fired! I also made an ammonite inspired opaque glass bowl...  Tom concentrated on using powders to create stromatolite coasters! Now to wait for them to be fired.

Experimenting with leaves in glass...which hopefully will burn away but leave an impression...

My mussel bowl...

My ammonite bowl ...

Tom's stromatolites...



Red throated diver -abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment