Friday 23 August 2019

Oysters and mackerel ...in fused glass!

Another fused glass session with RD Glass and more experimentation. I'd like to make an oyster platter with depressions for the oysters, once opened, to sit in. As a first attempt I have layered kiln paper in the shape of an oyster; then a top layer of glass will slump over it, before the whole thing is turned upside down to form the bowl ....well we'll see how that goes! Plan B is to create a clay forma to take a cast from that glass can slump into...exciting!





























The second piece was experimenting with powders and wire to make a mackerel ...why....when I've failed many times to produce a decent mackerel in many media would I try glass! It's going to be a bowl and hopefully the powders will blend nicely and show up sufficiently to colour the fish. We'll see!

The powders will change in colour! I hope! 
My final piece was an abstract landscape based on the cliff tops on Anglesey...







No comments:

Post a Comment