Saturday 11 January 2020

Experimental collagraph

Well I need to work out how to do a collagraph print in under two hours - as my courses are only two  and a half hours including a demonstration. I bought some thin sticky aluminium foil and was hoping that, as I have read, it covers the plate enabling you to print immediately rather than waiting a couple of days for any varnish to dry. I was worried that there would be a loss of definition and texture and maybe there is a loss of texture, but I found the results to be promising. I prepared a plate of the Langdale Pikes in the Lake District and annoyingly, made the rookie mistake of not reversing the image when designing the plate - however with the wonders of Adobe, I can of course reverse it again to correct for my numptiness! Time to play now and improve the original plate design...

The sketch...

The plate...

Plate with foil...

Inking up...

Inked and wiped...
Printed and turned the right way round on the computer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment