Tuesday 19 May 2020

Upper Teesdale - perfect!

Well we had a trip out and saw very few people - and lots of wildlife! Everybody and everything socially distanced! I am so lucky to have have lived in the Upper Dale - it seems a long time ago but it remains a very special place!

Wheysike House, Falcon Clints and Cauldron Snout.

Early purple orchids; spring gentian; alpine bartsia; bird's-eye primrose; king cups/marsh marigold and mountain pansy.

Golden plover, lapwing and black grouse.

Looking back down the dale.


2 comments:

  1. I have a caravan at Melmerby in the Eden valley so seeing all the beautiful wildlife on your blog is lovely, as we obviously can't visit yet. I was looking forward to finding various new to me wildflowers this year so it's great that you are recording those, that hopefully I will see later in the year or in 2021. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do make the effort to go as soon as allowed - it's a fantastic place!

    ReplyDelete