Wednesday 29 November 2023

Sandra Meech at Farfield Mill

It's not often that I travel any distance for an exhibition, especially when everything is on the web .....but this was well worth it. Farfield Mill is a superb venue on the outskirts of Sedbergh and Sandra's exhibition didn't disappoint! 

Having been brought up on the Somerset Levels and been to the Arctic earlier in the year, this exhibition was a must. 

The iconic willows/withies make superb silhouettes...I'd love to do something based on willows and the fabulous patterns in frozen floodwaters as the water levels drop....

I really enjoyed reading about the levels on the underside of each strip - references to the rivers Parrot and Tone took me back to childhood. 

and moving on ...to the Arctic ....

I love this piece - and need to experiment with Snapseed to create multi layered images ...

By printing onto fabric and then machine embroidering, a realistic image is achieved...

So now all I need is to find the time to develop my ideas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment