Monday 15 October 2018

RD Glass - glass fusion course.

...and now for something completely different! With some birthday money I'd had I treated myself to Roxy Denny's beginners glass fusion course. It was held in her purpose built garden studio and lasted three hours. It was a lovely way to spend  a foul (weather-wise) morning! We learned to cut the glass first before designing and arranging 3 different pieces. In my case 2 bowls and a wall/window hanging. I'm really looking forward to getting the email saying they are ready to collect after firing/fusing ...and will blog the results!

Practising cutting pieces.

Landscape that was inspired by Luskentyre...and then it changed according my ability to cut or not cut glass! The transparent pieces will be yellows once heated. It'll be a bowl once heated. 
Then I got carried away on my window hanging/wall hanging...

.....and ran out of time, so a very quick abstract piece that will be a bowl once heated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment