Sunday 27 December 2020

Smardale Gill Gelli Print

With typical gloomy weather for the festive period I decided to try to do a large gelli print based on Scandal Beck at Smardale where watercrowfoot grows and there native white-clawed crayfish occurs. As usual I had know idea of what I wanted to produce as an end piece or how to get there! To begin with I cut out crowfoot flowers, pebbles and a crayfish both in positive and negative stencil forms. Then working on six pieces I built up layers. Once I'd finished the printing I was able to add some water-colour washes and play around with the positioning of the collaged flowers. 

Below are some photographs of the process/development and then the final pieces ..although I have yet to decide on which one I like best and haven't stuck down the white flowers. I'll then wait for a decent day to take a photograph - as in these photographs the water-colour backgrounds have been washed out. 




And the final pieces that I need to develop ...






No comments:

Post a Comment