Sunday 28 February 2021

Anglesey cliffs felt

Following my wet felt of waves click here and Aira Forcce click here I decided I'd try interpreting one of my paintings in felt. I chose a bold watercolour from a holiday on Anglesey in August 2019. It seems so long ago looking at the blog...hopefully we'll be able to travel further soon! Anyway here's the painting...the stages of wet felting and the final piece of felt. I used an embellisher to secure each stage of the picture before moving on.

The painting...I selected a portion from the left hand side as I didn't want the skyline to be too horizontal, so I tweaked it to come up to the top right. 

Laying down the sky in the opposite diagonal to the movement of the cliffs....

Adding detail...

Getting there...


Laying the colour of the sea...checking it would work! 
Finished and felted...still wet! 

..and dried...

No comments:

Post a Comment