Monday 6 December 2021

Fused glass experiments

I've kind of come to an insprational halt with my glass work at the moment and feel like it's time to do something a bit different...

So with this in mind, I have been experimenting with textures and powders....

Before firing ..this piece will be a wall panel ...

Apologies for the reflections - it's that time of year when natural light photography is difficult! 

Textural detail ...

Over lapping translucent glass for reference. 

Using powders ....the left hand 'sea and beach' fires to be the middle one ...so this time I tried to be more specific with the right hand one - it's Fleetwith Pike and Buttermere - the powders will differ in colour once fired and the brown on Fleetwith Pike will hardly be noticeable as the powder is quite thin ...hopefully! 

..and halfway through a yellow flag iris piece ....I need to add lots....


No comments:

Post a Comment