Tuesday 7 June 2022

Drypoint etching workshop

While I continue to blog the weekend's trips I have been at work today, leading a drypoint etchung course. It's been a good few years since I did drypoint, but everyone's results have inspired me to do some more! We started by doing 7cm x 5m samples to get the feel of the technique - especially how hard to incise into the plate and how to ink up - some lovely results and this was a really helpful excercise for everyone. We then progressed to larger pieces of work. 

The trial small 7cm x 5cm pieces ...




...and my favourite 15cm x 20cm pieces. 

Love the stronger tones on the head...

This was trying to capture the old masters copper plate etching effect -
contrasting light in Cathedral Cave.

An abstract piece based on the local river. 


No comments:

Post a Comment