Friday 22 March 2024

Layers of sound

As part of the course I am doing, we go on  a Sound Walk. This will then lead into creating a stitched 'Soundscape'. Wanting to get on with things I found myself doing my walk in windy and damp conditions, but this may yet prove to be an advantage, as the continual gusty wind and spattering of rain gives a good background ot the various bird calls. If it had been decent weather then my sound walk may just have been bird calls giving a disjointed score - we shall see! So my first task after having jotted down a graphic notation for what I heard, was to transpose a small selection of these onto tissue paper that could be layered up to create an image ...some interesting effects .....




 #fibreartstaketwo #debbielyddon #sensingplace


No comments:

Post a Comment