Wednesday 4 September 2019

Hesket Newmarket Industrial tent

Apparently this year had the best ever number of entries - all bar one - the year the show had to be cancelled, so competition was stiff. We didn't do too badly though....both Tom and I got a few tickets! ..and I managed to reclaim the silver salver for the most points in art and handicrafts.

Sunflowers - grown in the greenhouse; nasturtiums  - harvested a day before the show and before the rain hit - good decision! ; rhubarb vodka and my handspun (hand dyed) hank of wool.

Worked picture - a machine and hand embroidered felt and my watercolour - well chuffed as I don't do watercolours! 

An item of felt work - I loved making these - and the first prize tunic was brilliant! 

The beads were made out of chiffon - melted with a hot air gun.; runner beans; chillies and an oil painting of Derwentwater 

Hand made scarf; hand made greeting card - curling in the damp of the day! and fudge! ...I've never made fudge before...

Tom's malachite ring ...locally sourced minerals.

His 'pot plant'.

His picture in any other medium...which I said would beat mine ...amongst other prizes . 






No comments:

Post a Comment