Saturday 11 March 2023

Friar's Crag, Keswick (I)

I've been in Keswick these past few days trying to sell some of my paintings and cards. On the Thursday morning I took time to walk down to Friar's Crag, before the hall opened. It was beautifully tranquil and being as no one was around I did take time to 'stand and stare'. Everything was calm,  the views fabulous and there was an abundance of birds twittering in the hedges/trees.


Looking up the lake to Castle Crag. 

..and zooming in ...

Ruskin's stone. 


The calm before the storm.

Snow high up....

Signs of spring about to be buried by incoming snow! 

Friday morning was a different story - Keswick had had about eight inches of snow and it was an 'iffy' drive in from home, where we too had snow. It was a beautiful day, so with Keswick devoid of visitors (until the roads cleared) I repeated the previous day's walk....So two contrasting sets of photos 24 hours apart but I'll leave Friday's photos for the next blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment