Saturday 6 January 2024

2024 sketchbook

This year I am trying to sketch more, as I really do very little drawing ....I don't want it to become onerous, so I am being very loose in what media I use to 'sketch', when I do it and how often! I'm making pages, from different materials and will combine them later into a book. I have decided I will make a signature for each of the three consecutive months - so this should reflect the seasons ...and combine into a single sketchbook at the end of the year. So, just to get going a few pieces so far...

I loved  the reeds at Leighton Moss especially when wrapped with Bindweed...photo and sketch.

A textile piece based on the reeds.....which I didn't like so it ended up getting over printed several times and embroidered ...which still didn't work - below.

I still didn't like the result ...until I turned it over ....below....

...and I quite liked this ...maybe a way forward to something else ....at a later date! 

...and a page of shells ....


No comments:

Post a Comment