Thursday 4 January 2024

Rheged: Great Print Exhibition Nine

After what seems like a long period of not doing any 'significant' artwork, it was good to go to Rheged to see this exhibition and to try and get some inspiration to fire me up! 

I had my camera with me and just took snaps - it's always intereting to seek common themes or ideas from the photos you take - I'm not sure what they are though! ...but on reflection and there's no suprise - they link to places I like and techniques I enjoy! 

A piece by Rachel Thornton - she uses drypoint and lino prints onto silk. 

The black and white prints didn't really attract me - but this one, by Sally Spens, did - I think I like the contrast of the plain black and white with the grey and white detail.

I really relate to this work by Geraldine Walkinkton. She mixes etching and monotype and this is based on one of my favourite reserves - Whitbarrow Scar in South Cumbria, with its fabulous limestone pavement ...this one talks to me ...and below...

A mono type from her glacier series ....

I like the painterly effect of this mono type by Hannah Forsyth.

A multi block wood cut by Ian Phillips - total admiration for the skill involved!

It was nice ot see some of Deborah Campbell's work - mixing print and textile. This was collagraph and gelli print.

It was no suprise that Hester Cox's upland haymeadow piece was sold - an exquisitley mounted set of mini collagraphs. 

..and finally, the piece I would have taken home if I could! Mark Pearce's Mergansers on Wastwater - a reduction lino cut. 















No comments:

Post a Comment