Tuesday 23 January 2024

Stubble fields ...

 After Aviemore and the Waxwings, we headed to Dava Moor for lunch and Red Grouse, before heading to the coast - suprisingly snowy! On the way ( Gollanfield area) we travelled past a number of stubble fields and were lucky enough to see Corn Buntings - not a bird I am familiar with. Then on to Alturlie - where it was bitterly cold for a bit of sea watching. Lots of ducks 

One of the better roads...

Looking for Corn Buntings ...successfully, but no photographs. 

I love the stitch-like marks in the snow made by the stubble ....

Guessing it's about to snow again! 

The lane that we reversed up so we could get out ...I say 'we' ...I mean our excellent guide! 

Sea watching - lots of Wigeon etc and remarkably for the north of Scotland a Great-crested Grebe. 

I became distracted by the colour of the sky, the form of the sheep and  the marks of the stubble. 

Cold! 


No comments:

Post a Comment