Saturday 17 August 2024

Giant's Causeway Fused Glass Panel

Always wanting to try new things ..and I wondered how this piece would come out. Taken directly from one of my photographs of the Giant's Causeway, Click here  and here for the trip, the piece represents a close up view of the columns, where the sea was splashing onto the concave tops of the basalt columns. 

I learnt a lot during the process - as you always do when you push yourself and thanks to Roxy again, of RD Glass, both for her patience and letting me work in her studio and for her expertise firing the piece. 

Half way through construction....

The finished piece ...and detail below.




The previous pictures were with of the glass held up against a window, but it looks good just laid on white paper, so I can mount it using stand offs on a white board. 



No comments:

Post a Comment