Saturday 24 February 2024

Experimental Glass

A while back, I did some work based on the ice at Wedholme Flow...or more specifically the way the rushes interacted with the ice.


I ended up doing an abstract textile piece that I cut up and then dipped into wax click here for more details . The pieces I produced are below, and my final thoughts were - what do I do with these now... 


So I chose the one below ...


......and decided to try and interpret it in fused glass -  the textural relation between glass and ice seemed appropriate. I wanted to represent some of the textile textures in the glass including the woven fabric and the stitching. in the images below you can make out the woven aspect: acheived by seiving the glass powder and the zigzag stitching was represented by the wire coil. I also wanted to introduce a three dimensional aspect to the work by including rushes that stood out in the form of bent wire. 

The piece below is an experiment and I now have further ideas ..watch this space ....






..and this was prior to firing ......





No comments:

Post a Comment