Monday 11 February 2019

Collagraph experiments

A morning printing off my collagraph plates. Made with a variety of cards, fabric, carborundum powder and pressed vegetation...stuck onto mounting card, covered in PVA glaze and then sprayed with polyurethane varnish. The paper was soaked for five minutes and I used Akua intaglio ink. It was interesting trying to find out how much ink to wipe off the plate and how much to leave on. Next time design wise I need to look at my samples and find out what prints darkest and really study the tones in the landscapes - fun though. Now to wait for them to dry so I can hand colour them. 

Using cocktail sticks and weights to try to press the vegetation down enough to stick
- it had been previously put in a flower press. 



The four plates before being sprayed with polyurethane....and below the corresponding prints.


....and the inked up plate - printed with X Cut Xpress.


No comments:

Post a Comment