Thursday 7 February 2019

Zest-It Cold Wax Medium and Oil Paint

Having looked at a variety of more abstracted landscape paintings and read about turner using wax and oil mixtures I decided to invest in some cold wax paste. Click here I bought Zest-It cold wax medium and some 6" X 6" boards to experiment on. Each board had 3 layers of Gesso applied the night before. To be honest I only had about an hour and a half to experiment, so the results were very experimental. The product worked well - creating a matt lustre and certainly bulked out the oil - very impasto, and the layers were easily applied prior to scraping through. I need to have another go to build on the little I leant, but at least I could scrape off all my oil to save the board from the ones I wasn't keen on - hence I only kept two but this is a learning process!


No comments:

Post a Comment