Thursday 9 February 2023

Sketching Ice (2)

Following on from last weeks iceberg attempts I have continued my research into 'Artic sketches' and found a couple of more artists to influence my work and help me develop my ideas - most notably Norman Ackroyd. A friend leant me his Shetland Notebook and while I hope it's better weather than he portrays in his sketches, I love his freedom and wet into wet use of water colour. Then on arrival at our local art group meeting, (where I am determined on the Monday meetings until we depart for the arctic, to develop my ice sketching skills), a friend showed me Emma Stibborn's sketchbook - Fire and Ice. Both are Royal Academy of Arts publications. Emma's work is just the sort of thing I would like to be able to do ...so quick sketching resumed ...







No comments:

Post a Comment