Thursday 2 February 2023

Sketching icebergs (1)

Well this is a challenge - I thought I'd research sketches of ice and the arctic prior to our 'big' holiday later in the year. To be honest I haven't found many images I like or aspire too as I don't want to do anything too representational. These are my first attemps - based on images from when we were in Iceland. A good critic pointed out that I had to decide if I was concentrating on patterns or realism - typically I want to do both - so I shall keep battling on! The artists I find most inspiring for this are Lizzy Myhill and Sandra Meech (so far - more research required) ...as I say there's a lot of room for improvement - but here are a couple of sketches and bits of sketches using oil pastel and watercolour. I've put a label on the blog as abstracting the landscape course - although the course finished ages ago I need now to apply those ideas.









No comments:

Post a Comment