Sunday 7 April 2024

Pulling threads

 After four days selling at Crafts of the North, in Keswick, back to normal and a chance to create some samples for my final 'Sound Walk' piece....These are two samples. I'm going to focus on wind and rain - to reflect the current weather! The wind will be through pulled threads. Now pulling threads isn't easy in a tightly woven linen, so I used linen scrim - far easier: 

Pulled threads in linen scrim with watercolour paint.

Making eyelets, to reperesent the rain,  in linen scrim though, isn't as easy as in linen, so for my final piece I am going to combine the two fabrics ...I have found I can make a continuous pulled thread hole which includes a seam and create an eyelet through a seam...so here is my scruffy sample for this: 


Now to move on to the final piece!

 #fibreartstaketwo #debbielyddon #sensingplace

No comments:

Post a Comment