Wednesday 21 April 2021

Boltongate Reduction lino cut zoom

Over the past weeks I have been running a series of zoom meetings demonstrating felting and lino cutting skills. It's tricky doing a reduction lino cut in a 40 minute zoom meeting, so I have been using a powerpoint to talk through the process of a lino cut and then taking a small part of the design, to model live, how to do one. This has involved registration by just  pieces of card and printing wet onto damp ink...which has worked  for the purposes of the zoom. There's nothing as nerve wracking as doing it live though! 

For the forthcoming meeting I decided to choose Marsh Marigolds as my subject. It's not particularly neat or well executed as it is just a demonstration piece; maybe next time I ought to make an effort and invest some time into my lino printing! 

The design.

The first cut....just a few veins and stamens.

Print one - yellow....

Cut away the flowers....

Print pale green..cut away leaf outlines and veins....print mid green. 

Cut away all but the black areas between leaves and the 'frame' ...print black. Add a little wax crayon in the centre of the flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment