Saturday 8 May 2021

Abstracting the landscape (6)

A very enjoyable afternoon spent extracting some joy out of a miserable day - weatherwise that is. I continued with my 'Abstracting  the Landscape' course, led by Anita Reynolds and run by Newlyn School of Art. I had come to a comfortable point with the course - painting acrylic backgrounds and adding wax crayon - and I love doing this. The next step though was a big step, moving onto collaging the elements of a place. I chose  the meltwater channel at Aughertree as I know it so well and just bit the bullet! Click here to see the site and the sketches I made on my last visit. These collages are just one step in a series of changes in media and focus that lead to a final piece of work. Each step you take removes you another step from reality, while retaining the sense of place and subject matter ....so the theory goes! 




and some detail ....





No comments:

Post a Comment